Guest Spotlight: Jackie Nguyen
1. How would you describe yourself in a single sentence?
A workaholic fashionista with a big mouth and hella goals. aka, a crazy ass bitch!
2. How would you spend your “perfect day”?
I would lay in bed until about noon. Then shower, get a really cute outfit and then drive to get boba. After that, I'd go to the mall for 3 hours to literally just walk around by myself. Treat myself to some Panda Express (at the mall of course) and then go get my nails done. I'd end the day by finding the perfect parking spot, having an edible and sleeping by 8:45pm.
3. If you were an action figure, what accessories would you be sold with?
A gold dookie chain, a nose ring, a chihuahua, a coffee cup, a bag of hot cheetoes.
4. What are the top three qualities that draw you to someone new and why?
Someone's ability to ask questions.
When someone opens up and says something pretty vulnerable or open immediately. That to me, takes a lot of courage.
5. What do you like most about the work that you do at your job and for the community?
THE PEOPLE. From my customers to my staff. The vibes are just right. Everyone is so nice, and real, and just there because they love supporting small businesses and good coffee. I love being able to be completely myself. There's not a certain type of persona I need to create or "professionalism" that I absolutely need to adhere to. I also really, really love that Cafe Cà Phê. is becoming a presence for the Asian community here. Many people have said that was lacking, and so it makes me feel like we are moving in the right direction.
6. Who is someone that inspires you daily?
Oprah Winfrey. I think about her accomplishments and what she would do in any situation. She literally had nothing, and now she is EVERYTHING. God bless Oprah.
7. What is one thing you hope to accomplish in the next 5 years?
Become a millionaire. Have 4 Cafe Cà Phê's. Open up a bar.
8. What is one lesson you learned that changed the course of your future?
You are just another click or a scroll in someone's day. Also, it's just coffee. Those two things have distinctly helped my mental health and how I view a lot of how I conduct my business.
9. What is something you wish you had more time for?
KOREAN DRAMAS!!!!! And reading.
10. What is one thing that makes you feel at peace?
Reruns of The Office. Ice cream.
Photo Credit: Cafe Cà Phê/Jackie Nguyen