get to know us: q's for Cayla
- When you were 5 what did you want to be when you grew up?
When I was 5 I desperately wanted to be a pop star as most kids wanted. However as time went on I realized I don't have very good rhythm or any musical abilities which in the end was a good thing because it lead me to love art.
- What does “art” mean to you?
I think art is a really broad term and it can be defined depending on who you are taking too. To me it is a creative outlet where I can feel free to be me. There are no boundaries in creating and no topic or feeling that is off-limits
- Who is your biggest inspiration?
One of my biggest inspirations in my life and more specifically art is Frida Kahlo. She taught me how many different conceptual aspect go into a piece and that there is beauty in pain.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where & why?
I believe that I was put on this earth right now for a reason and am currently learning to live in the present however I would really love to travel to the Ballard cliffs in the UK.
- What is your favorite piece in your wardrobe?
My favorite piece in my closet at the moment are my 70s plaid pants. I think they're such a fun and funky piece.
- What are 3 unassuming things everyone should know about you?
1. I love listening to others.
2. I only watch the same 3 T.V shows on repeat.
3. I love coming up with new ideas and concepts for projects.
- What is your favorite season?
My favorite season is the spring because I love the rain.
- What fictional character do you relate to the most & why?
I feel I relate a lot to Jessica Day from New Girl. Although I'm not as outgoing as her I feel I am a positive person who tries hard to see the best in people.
- What is one thing you’re always improving on?
One thing I am always working on is my mental health. I think it is important to always be keeping your mental health in check because it is easy to ignore but it can affect every aspect of your life from your relationships to your physical health.
- How do you “do good”?
I think I need to work harder to do good in my everyday life however one way I am successful in doing good is by trying to be nice to everyone I encounter. I always try to keep in mind that you never know what someone else is going through and that helps to encourage me to keep a kind demeanor and a positive attitude.